August 13, 2012

Master Deck Green Roof Tile



In February when I installed the ceramic containers, I had the idea of creating a simple, lightweight container or tray really for a green roof treatment.  I started with a wood pallet I found on the sidewalk, stapled chicken wire and hardware clothe along with a cut up tomato cage, and wrapped the entire thing with landscape fabric.   Placed anywhere from 2-5" of potting soil with mounds to mimic the hills in the view's landscape.  Planted bunches of sedums and other succulents.





They loved it and may install two more after we see how this one performs on this harsh roof top.



One of the best view in San Francisco.   Does anyone even see my plants?















Trending Posts on MUG - San Francisco Gardens

Search My Reading List

The blogs I follow

and read....

Interesting Garden Writers: