How can I bring supportive light into my borders, containers and vignettes? Bright white, silver and grey foliage will support any color scheme by reflexing the ambient color of your vignette back to your eye. So what are some good plants for San Francisco?
1) Centaurea gymnocarpa 'Velvet Centaurea' - shrub, with Ricinus communis 'New Zealand Purple'
2) Ballota pseudodictamnus (False Dittany)
3) Onopordum acanthium - Need a character, a real prima donna. Likes to reseed.
4) Stachys byzantina - ground cove
5) Verbascum bombyciferum 'Arctic Summer' - specimen reseeder
6) Artemisia - shrub
7) Dudleya - Succulent for rock wall
8) Cerastium tomentosum - ground cove
9) Dymondia margaretae - tight low ground cover
10) Lychnis white flowered variety- annual (Playing a true supporting role to the Wisteria, Rosa and Iris. Mid-lower right.)
February 10, 2016
February 08, 2016
My Holiday in England, December 2015. Being in the spirit of vacation, I kept a safe distance from my phone. Here are the few highlights from London & Norfolk.
Trending Posts on MUG - San Francisco Gardens
Up next in my plant profile is Datura wrightii. I got mine at Annie's Annuals . My friend Frank calls it a ditch plant and I'm ...
Here's the seed packets I'm sowing for the fall 2018. These Ageratum I found at Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds look gorgeous. I kn...
The second garden on our tour was the impeccable Sissinghurst Castle Garden in Kent. This garden is one of the best, if not the best garden ...
I have shared this 12' x 8' plot with my friend and colleague for a couple of seasons now. We sowed a few interesting new plants f...