How can I bring supportive light into my borders, containers and vignettes? Bright white, silver and grey foliage will support any color scheme by reflexing the ambient color of your vignette back to your eye. So what are some good plants for San Francisco?
1) Centaurea gymnocarpa 'Velvet Centaurea' - shrub, with Ricinus communis 'New Zealand Purple'
2) Ballota pseudodictamnus (False Dittany)
3) Onopordum acanthium - Need a character, a real prima donna. Likes to reseed.
4) Stachys byzantina - ground cove
5) Verbascum bombyciferum 'Arctic Summer' - specimen reseeder
6) Artemisia - shrub
7) Dudleya - Succulent for rock wall
8) Cerastium tomentosum - ground cove
9) Dymondia margaretae - tight low ground cover
10) Lychnis white flowered variety- annual (Playing a true supporting role to the Wisteria, Rosa and Iris. Mid-lower right.)
February 10, 2016
February 08, 2016
My Holiday in England, December 2015. Being in the spirit of vacation, I kept a safe distance from my phone. Here are the few highlights from London & Norfolk.
Trending Posts on MUG - San Francisco Gardens
I think this is the last week for Dahlias. But it was a good week. I really into the golden upper petal/burgundy under petal variety ca...
This garden has three different faces or attitudes and all packed into a small 10 x 20 foot space. The five round Pittosporum 'Golf Ba...
Arriving late in the afternoon, I find Salsa already out in the garden. This LoverBoy, Salsa, is not doing well. His Cancer is taking its...