August 13, 2024

Streets of San Francisco - Thomas Church & Zen Center

Thomas Church designed the courtyard between two big performance spaces in San Francisco's Civic Center area.   I recently visited a garden in Washington State designed in part by Thomas Church and that was the reason for my visit.  See what is here in my own city.   The courtyard is simple, lawn, box and pollarded London Plane trees.  I think the brick path work is the most interesting part of his design.  




Below is Thomas Church's brick path at Lakewold Gardens in Washington State.  




On the way from my house, I passed the Zen Center.   I helped prune those wisteria one year.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookings and Inquires, please leave in comment section with your email address or phone number. This will not be published to my blog.

Trending Posts on MUG - San Francisco Gardens