September 04, 2024

Public Transport in San Francisco

 


This last weekend, Labor Day holiday here in the USA, I saw one of three boat trolley that MUNI operates.   Just this June, I was in Blackpool, England, the original owner and operator to eight boat trolley.   I am proud that San Francisco cherishes its public transport.   That got me an idea to post all of my train photos with a bit of trivia or explanation to each car.

The boat cars here are delicate and don't run regular fare service.   They are used for private outings and holiday celebrations along Market Street and the Embarcadero.  I am guessing since there are no passengers and it is at the Castro end of the line, that it is going back to the barn.  

Here's a beast of train from Melbourne out on a charter run.



From Milan, this train is running regular F service on Market Street from Castro to Fisherman's Wharf.  A jewel-box car with rattling glass and a loud pumping sound.  It is on the slow side, similar to the boat above and with excellent views. 

Below right is the PCC car in F service on Market Street and to the left is MUNI's brand new Siemens car in J service on Church Street.  Past meets Future.

And of course the World Famous Cable Cars.  This vintage poster will sit in place until I find my own photo of these historic cars still in revenue service. 

there's more coming,  I am having difficultly filter my photo library.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookings and Inquires, please leave in comment section with your email address or phone number. This will not be published to my blog.

Trending Posts on MUG - San Francisco Gardens