July 30, 2018

Sidewalk "Hell-Strip" Planting

I love all plants but succulents in general don't make it into my gardens.  Succulents have a many great fans and I do appreciate their easy, low maintenance qualities.   Design wise, most plantings look like someone up-chucked a kaleidoscope.   Most people fail by choosing too many varieties of color, texture and stature.   I came accross this street side planting and instantly appreciated the simple, refined palette choice.   Like most planting schemes, limited number of plant but repeated is the way to go.  


What makes this planting successful is just three plants repeated.   Aeonium, Cotyledon orbiculata and Senecio.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookings and Inquires, please leave in comment section with your email address or phone number. This will not be published to my blog.

Trending Posts on MUG - San Francisco Gardens