Munstead Wood is a name I've seen on many plant cultivars. We spent a few hours looking for Gertrude Jekyll's house and garden. This would be her personal garden that she cultivated while professionally producing garden designs like Hestercombe. We're pretty sure her house was in or apart of the buildings in either photo. It's hard to say, the land had been subdivided during the wars. We asked those few people we say, one being a gardener, and they didn't even recognize the name. I found that odd. The English are crazy about gardening. Don't they know their garden history?
Producing Floriferous Gardens in San Francisco’s Mediterranean Climate.
May 30, 2012
Trending Posts on MUG - San Francisco Gardens
-
A long weekend in Tacoma, Washington, viewing gardens of the region with 100 other garden bloggers and Social Media types. I am impressed w...
-
Nader's Garden, 210-3pm: The elegant and masculine city garden of Nader Meykedah. A personal garden designed equally for living and ...
-
In 2018, I started maintaining this front cottage garden. It was planted with the typical one-offs that survived our dry summers, that inc...
-
With much anxiety Angele and I drove up to Richmond, California to the new nursery called Curious Flora. I was curious. I was hoping fo...