May 17, 2018

Gold, Silver and Bronze Border

Today was great.  I'm finishing up a short but packed work week in order to get out of town for a 4-day holiday in Mendocino.   My friend Frank is turning 50.  Ha!  We're gonna have a party.   Last garden of the day before my holiday starts and it was looking stunning.   This garden is a theater stage floorplan with the main bed being a gold,silver and bronze English border.  The Irises we're the character today.




I made a good choice with Schneiner's Iris 'Tiger Honey'.




It's a small bed, maybe 10'x20', but it produces.  I think silver won this year.  Congrats to  Cardoon 'Pleno Inerme' for both stature and height.   Supporting actor is Carex tumulicola.  It is blooming is in perfect powder-puff arches.  Others blooming or just looking great are: Daucus carota 'Black Knight', Allium schubertii, Calla Lily, and Taxus x media 'Hicksii'.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookings and Inquires, please leave in comment section with your email address or phone number. This will not be published to my blog.

Trending Posts on MUG - San Francisco Gardens